QuickBooks Error 6000 816 is one of the most common errors in the QuickBooks Desktop software. This error often shows up when you cannot use your company file due to some damage caused to it. However, besides this, there may be other factors as well that may trigger this error. We shall discuss this error thoroughly in this article and delve into the various methods to troubleshoot the QuickBooks Error 6000 816.
What are the factors that trigger error 6189 816 in QuickBooks Desktop?
Because QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816 can be caused by various factors, it is critical to figure out what's causing the problem. Several factors may trigger this Error 6000 816. There are enlisted below:
- You are using Windows Vista O/S while accessing your company File.
- Damaged/ Corrupted QuickBooks Company File.
- Another program might be using the company file.
Troubleshooting the QuickBooks Error 6000 816
Depending on the cause, there are several options for resolving the problem. A handful of the most important has been included here. Perform the steps mentioned in each solution in the given sequence.
Solution 1: Rename the '.ND' and '. TLG' files
- Head to the folder that houses QuickBooks installation files. You can reach it here by right-clicking the QuickBooks Desktop icon on the Desktop and then choosing 'Open File Location.'
- Locate the files with the same name as the company file and have the '.ND' and. ' TLG' extensions.
- Right-click and choose 'Rename.' At the end of each file name, type. 'OLD.'
- Log in to the company file in QuickBooks. If the error 6000 816 persists, proceed to the next solution for fixing the error.
Solution 2: Copy QuickBooks files on the Desktop
This checks to see if there is a problem with the company file's location.
- Go to the folder that contains your company files. Once located, open it.
- Locate your company files with the extension '.qbw.'
- Right-click and select 'Copy.'
- Now, head to Desktop and right-click and select 'Paste' to paste the file on the Desktop.
- When you open QuickBooks, hold down the 'ctrl' key until the 'No Company Window' appears.
- Choose 'Open or Restore Existing Company.'
- Go to the Desktop and open the file you copied over there.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop now to see if the error 6000 816 got rectified. If this procedure fails to solve the problem, try restoring the backup.
Solution 3: Restore the backup
Since your company file would not open after being moved to a new location, restoring a backup would be good. This will determine whether the present company file has the issue(s).
Solution 4: Use ADR to restore the backup
If the company files get damaged, it is recommended that you use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery to restore the lost data.
Solution 5: Save Company files on your computer's local storage
- If you've saved the company file to an external storage device, connect the device to the system.
- Save a copy of the company file to your Desktop.
- Run QuickBooks while holding down the 'Ctrl' key.
- When the 'No Company Open' window appears, choose 'Open/Restore Company.'
- Check if this approach fixed the Error 6000 816 in QuickBooks.
Solution 6: Allow folder access permission for users
- Go to the folder containing your company file(s).
- Right-click the folder and choose 'Properties.'
- Select 'Edit' from the 'Security' tab.
- Click on 'Full Control,' then choose 'Allow' after selecting QuickBooks Data Service
- To save your settings, click 'Apply.'
- Finally, hit on 'OK.'
In this article, we have tried our best to provide you with lucid troubleshooting steps to help resolve QuickBooks error 6000 816. If you need any professional guidance, you can contact our QuickBooks Error Support Team 1-800-761-1787. Our team is available 24/7 to assist users with their problems and provide guidance.