When installing or updating QuickBooks Desktop to a newer version, QuickBooks Error 1310 may unexpectedly appear on the screen. This article shall try to brief you with all the viable and updated troubleshooting methods for the easy resolution of QuickBooks Error 1310. But before taking a direct leap onto the fixation steps, let us go through the causative factors behind error 1310.
What is QuickBooks Error 1310?
Error 1310 is an installation error that occurs when the user does not have sufficient permissions to access a particular directory or file during the installation process. This error can prevent the installation or update of QuickBooks software on your computer.
What provokes QuickBooks Error 1310?
- Insufficient disc space may lead to QuickBooks Error 1310.
- Corrupted or broken sectors in the hard drive may also lead to this error.
- Company files in the local drive may be corrupted.
- The Microsoft Windows Installer may be un-registered.
- Some third-party programs may be causing this error.
Resolutions to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1310
Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve this issue:
Resolution 1: Use the QuickBooks File Doctor
- Download and install the QuickBooks Doctor File Tool from Intuit.
- Click Company File Issues after opening the tools hub.
- Now select Run QBFD.
- After choosing the required company file, choose continue.
- Type the admin password and then click on Next.
Resolution 2: Altering User Account Control settings.
- Open the Control Panel from the start menu.
- After that, click on the User account option.
- Herein, head to the option to Change user account control settings.
- Enable the UAC (User Account Control) Settings.
- Click on Ok.
Resolution 3: Getting the Microsoft Windows Installer registered
- Click on the Start menu and visit the Windows Run window.
- Type in msiexec /unreg in the Run Window and hit the Enter key.
- After that, the user should try downloading the updates for QuickBooks once again.
Resolution 4: Granting complete Admin Access to Installer
- Search for Command Prompt in the Start menu.
- Right-click the command prompt icon and click on Run as Administrator.
- Type in ‘icacls C:Config.Msi/T /C /grant administrators.’
- Now, hit on the Enter
As this article comes to a close, users should be able to fix QuickBooks Error 1310. If the error remains unresolved, users can call our QuickBooks error support experts at the helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787.