he two most popular accounting programs available today are Sage 50 and the QuickBooks Desktop. Your accounting data can easily be transferred from Saga 50 to QuickBooks Desktop, provided that you stick to this easy-to-comprehend article till the end. For the conversion process, you can make use of the QuickBooks Conversion Tool to convert data from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop.
However, before you proceed ahead with the conversion process, make sure your system complies with the system requirements mandated for the conversion tool to operate.
Steps for converting data from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop
Follow the steps given below to convert data from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 1: Get QuickBooks Desktop installed on your system
The steps necessary for the conversion process are:
- Use the same computer that you used to install Sage 50 software to install QuickBooks desktop.
- Verify that the desktop data for Sage 50 and QuickBooks is saved to the hard disc.
Step 2: Set up Sage 50 on the same computer
Follow the steps below to set up the Sage 50 application:
- To begin with, opt for the file you wish to convert in Sage 50 after opening it.
- From the "primary" menu, choose "maintenance."
- Select "users" and then "configure security" to continue.
- You must now select the "data access" tab.
- Select the "following login details" link next.
- Choose "change" and give the transfer a "password."
Kindly note that the new password has an 8 character limit and exceeding the limit will cause the conversion tool not to work.
- At last, Set the new password and hit OK to close Sage 50.
Step 3: Downloading the conversion tool
- You are initially supposed to download the QuickBooks Conversion tool.
- Now, head to the "Properties" section of the downloaded file. To access properties, right-click on the QuickBooks conversion tool icon after downloading it.
- From the "Run this software compatibility," choose your Windows operating system, and then hit on "OK."
- You are required to once more hit a right-click on the downloaded .exe file and then choose the "run as admin" option.
- You are now required to run the utility after it is successfully installed.
Step 4: Commence the data conversion process
- Select "browse" from the converting tool.
- Next, find and opt for the Sage 50 company file you want to convert.
- Next, hit on "Next" after entering the Sage 50 password you created before.
- To convert the Sage data, make use of the QuickBooks desktop version.
- Specify the company file name.
- Once more, choose "browse" and then choose the location where you wish to save the transformed data.
- Then, tap on "Next."
- To begin the conversion process, you need to tap on the "convert file" button.
- The Access to the company file will now be requested by the QuickBooks application certificate window.
- To allow the application, choose "Yes."
- You must then opt for "proceed."
- It may require some time to convert. Please be patient while it finishes.
Step 5: Verify the converted data
Once the conversion procedure is finished, check the data in QuickBooks to ensure everything is in order.
- Examine the transfer log as well.
- First, visit File Explorer. The 'File Explorer' can be accessed from the 'start'
- Upon opening it, you need to navigate to "C:/USERS [Your Windows User Name] My Documents/Intuit/QuickBooks."
- Now, inspect the unsuccessful transaction log file. If the data was correctly transformed, it would show that.
- Conversion and evaluation processes are now complete.
This post should have helped you in the process to transfer data from Sage 50 to QuickBooks Desktop. Please feel free to contact our QuickBooks technical support team via our helpline i.e., 1-800-761-1787 with any additional questions.